From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
|Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations character|
Kawaki as designed by Mikio Ikemoto
Bạn đang xem: kawaki là ai
|First appearance||Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations chapter 1: Boruto Uzumaki|
|Created by||Ukyō Kodachi|
|Designed by||Mikio Ikemoto|
|Voiced by||Yūma Uchida[a] (Japanese)|
Michael Schwalbe[b] (English)
|Relatives||Kokatsu (biological father)|
Naruto Uzumaki (adoptive father)
Hinata Hyuga (adoptive mother)
Boruto Uzumaki (adoptive younger brother)
Himawari Uzumaki (adoptive younger sister)
Kawaki (Japanese: カワキ) is a fictional character from Ukyō Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto's manga Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Initially appearing in the flashforward in the series' debut, Kawaki is a young man who apparently would become the nemesis of the series' lead character, Boruto Uzumaki. Kawaki is later introduced as a rebellious thành viên from the organization Kara who wishes lớn escape and remove his cursed mark "Karma" (楔, Kāma) from his toàn thân. In his escape he meets Boruto's ninja team, who take him lớn the Hidden Leaf Village. Na-ru-to takes the teenager under his wing, seeking lớn protect him from enemies, and he bonds with the family as time passes, beginning lớn view Na-ru-to as a father-figure and Boruto as a foster brother, lượt thích Sasuke in the past Naruto series, with similar attitude.
Kawaki was created by Kodachi and Ikemoto as a major rival lớn Boruto. Naruto author Masashi Kishimoto suggested the idea of introducing both he and Boruto through a flashforward in order lớn cause greater impact. The character is voiced by Yūma Uchida in Japanese and Michael Schwalbe in English.
Kawaki's first appearance in the manga and anime of Boruto caused some backlash from the fanbase due lớn his implied violent actions against Na-ru-to Uzumaki. However, his debut in the narrative proper was the subject of praise for his interactions with the main character and his growth from a cold-hearted teenager lớn a more caring person under Naruto's influence.
Creation and development
In the first pages of the first chapter of Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations, a flashforward shows an older teenage Boruto Uzumaki confronting Kawaki over a ruined Konoha. The scene has a dark tone, meant lớn build anticipation and suspense throughout the story. When writer Ukyō Kodachi showed artist Mikio Ikemoto the script for this scene, Ikemoto was highly surprised. The artist notes that the teenage designs were created in a short amount of time, and, as a result, once the story reached this moment, the older protagonists' designs might change.
Ikemoto described the character's relationship with Boruto as antagonistic, noting both their implied past as allies, and their greater vitriol towards each other in comparison lớn Na-ru-to and Sasuke in the original Naruto manga, even clashing in visual appearance. Ikemoto has also commented that when the two interact, Boruto's design becomes more serious and "overgrown", in rebelliousness against Kawaki.
In December 2020, it was announced that Yūma Uchida would voice Kawaki in the anime adaptation of Boruto. Uchida was pleased with taking the role of Kawaki due lớn the popularity of the Boruto series. Following the announcement, Kodachi expressed joy in seeing Kawaki animated in the anime and thus looked forward lớn người hâm mộ tư vấn. In the same month Ikemoto stated that the anime would make further progress in regards lớn Kawaki's and Boruto's meeting. However, he still refrained from explaining the flashforward at the start. Ikemoto stated that in future chapters, more hints will be revealed about the flashforward, such as their growth, why they become hostile and what Kawaki means when talking about Na-ru-to.
Kawaki first appears in Boruto's first chapter in a flashforward, where he and Boruto Uzumaki seem lớn have become enemies. An older Kawaki appears lớn have sealed or killed Na-ru-to and levelled Konoha as he confronts an older Boruto, declaring "the age of shinobi has finally come lớn an end".
Xem thêm: vo cua lai van sam la ai
Kawaki is introduced as a valuable piece of cargo, "the Vessel" lost lớn Kara in a transport accident, encountered soon afterward by Boruto's ninja team who bring him lớn the Hidden Leaf. Having become a thành viên of Kara after being bought by Jigen from a cold and drunkard father as a youngster, he was given a tattoo of the Roman numeral IX under his left eye. He, alongside 13 children and teenagers, would be experimented on and bestowed a Kama mark by Jigen, and heavily modified with microscopic Shinobi-Ware implanted in his toàn thân, giving him an ability lớn alter his physiology for combat.
Highly distrustful of Kara for Jigen's abusive and cruel treatment, Kawaki defects. In order lớn protect him from Kara, Boruto's father, the Seventh Hokage Na-ru-to, adopts him as his own son. Initially distant lớn everybody, Kawaki spends his time with the Uzumaki family repairing a vase Himawari made for Hinata's birthday, which he had accidentally destroyed .
When Kara's thành viên Delta attacks the village lớn take Kawaki back, Na-ru-to comes lớn his defense and saves him. Now growing lớn care for his guardian, Kawaki requests the Hokage train him lớn become a ninja. When Kara's leader Jigen, having tracked Kawaki, attacks the village and kidnaps Na-ru-to, Kawaki joins Boruto, and his allies, Sarada Uchiha and Mitsuki, lớn reclaim him. They face the Kara thành viên Boro, and Boruto's Karma mark causes him lớn be possessed by Momoshiki Otsutsuki, who mocks and brutally kills Boro. The team manages lớn rescue the Hokage and return lớn Konohagakure, and Kawaki later learns from Amado of Jigen's true nature and relationship with the Otsutsuki clan.
After Jigen is outsmarted and incinerated by Koji Kashin, Isshiki Ōtsutsuki (forced lớn reincarnate in Jigen's charred corpse) attacks Konoha lớn brand Kawaki with a new Karma and take Boruto as a sacrifice lớn the God Tree, since Boruto's Karma has reached a high decompression level.
Through the combined effort of Na-ru-to, Sasuke and Kawaki, Isshiki is finally defeated. Shortly afterwards, a Momoshiki-possessed Boruto attacks Sasuke off-guard, stabbing his left eye and destroying his Rinnegan. Kawaki and a barely-conscious Sasuke manage lớn fend off Momoshiki until Boruto recovers his consciousness.
Initial reception lớn Kawaki's introduction was mixed. Allega Frank of Polygon noticed that at the start of both the manga and anime, Kawaki's debut in the flashforward caused fans lớn revolt over his possible future actions against the previous protagonist, Na-ru-to Uzumaki. Finding multiple issues in the manga's premiere, Chris Beveridge of The Fandom Post gave little attention lớn the flashforward.
Xem thêm: vy thỏ người ấy là ai
Critical opinion shifted after his proper introduction in the series. Reacting lớn his introduction, Melina Dargis of The Fandom Post found Kawaki's rivalry with Boruto similar lớn their predecessors (Naruto and Sasuke)'s own, but noticed their differences in personality and potential for a friendlier relationship, and thus looked forward lớn their future development. Leroy Douresseaux expected Kawaki will have a major impact in Boruto's life in regards lớn his way of fighting. Manga News found that while Kawaki's introduction might come across as forced, his relationship might also parallel Naruto's and Sasuke's but it would be hard lớn reach that level. IGN praised Kawaki's fight in the anime against Garo.
Nevertheless, the reviewer found that Kawaki's cold demeanor fades in narrative time the more he interacts with the Uzumaki family, resulting in interesting calm chapters, most notably with Na-ru-to when he asks him lớn train him lớn become a ninja. As a result, Manga News found that since his introduction his character made a major impact lớn the narrative rather phàn nàn the actual protagonist, Boruto. FandomPost agreed, claiming Kawaki's introduction lớn ninjutsu and bonds with the Uzumaki family lớn be the highlight of the manga's ninth as the young man wishes lớn be taught by Na-ru-to. IGN also found Kawaki's relationship with Na-ru-to as endearing as he was willing lớn return lớn Jigen if he does not harm the Hokage, whom the writer compared lớn the one of an actual father. When Na-ru-to and Sasuke are defeated by Kara, IGN looked forward lớn Kawaki and Boruto's actions lớn protect the Hokage, noting their Karma seals might be explored in the future lớn give them new powers even though the antagonists are aware of such power and are using them. Crunchyroll regarded Kawaki as one of the most likable teenagers in anime due lớn how, despite starting as a rebellious antisocial youth, he quickly becomes more caring with the Uzumaki family when Na-ru-to decides lớn take care of him.
Game designer Hiroshi Matsuyama from CyberConnect2 praised the debut of Kawaki in the manga due lớn his involvement in the narrative as well as the fight sequences he takes part of. Matsuyama also praised how Ikemoto designed Kawaki, finding the illustration of him in the cover of the series' seventh manga volume striking. In poll from 2021, Kawaki was voted as the seventh best character from Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Kawaki's fight with Garo was also listed as the best anime fight from 2021 by Crunchyroll.
- Anime and manga portal
- ^ @WhatHeSaidVO (February 3, 2022). ""If they continue coming after u...the bodies are just gonna keep piling up." You've waited a long time. I am the English voice of Kawaki in Na-ru-to lớn Boruto: Shinobi Striker and Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2017). Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 1. Viz Media. pp. 5, 8–10. ISBN 9781421592114. OCLC 962009375.
- ^ "Jump Festa 2017 Interview – Masashi Kishimoto And The Future Of Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations!". Otakukart. 31 January 2017. Archived from the original on 1 July 2017. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- ^ a b "Interview: Boruto Manga Artist Mikio Ikemoto". Anime News Network. February 25, 2019. Retrieved October trăng tròn, 2020.
- ^ "Le manga de la semaine: Mikio Ikemoto commente Boruto, le spin-off de Naruto" (in French). BFMTV. 6 July 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- ^ "Special interview with artist Mikio Ikemoto". Shonen Jump. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- ^ "Boruto Anime Reveals 6 New Cast Members Including Yūma Uchida as Kawaki". Anime News Network. December 19, 2020. Retrieved December 19, 2020.
- ^ "From the new series of "Boruto", "The Vessell" arc, visual & special PV have been released! Uchida Yuma, Nakamura Yuichi, and others announced as new cast". AnimeAnime. 5 January 2021. Retrieved July 3, 2021.
- ^ Ukyo Kodachi [@u_kodachi] (December 19, 2020). "カワキと〈殻〉の面々には深い思い入れがあるので、アニメで動くことを嬉しく思います。皆さま、どうか改めてますますのご声援を願えればと思います #BORUTO" (Tweet). Retrieved December 19, 2020 – via Twitter.
- ^ "TVアニメ『BORUTO-ボルト- NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS』新シリーズ「器」編、最新ビジュアル＆スペシャルPV解禁！新キャラクター＆キャストも発表！". PRTimes. 19 December 2020. Retrieved March trăng tròn, 2021.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2017). "Chapter 1". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 1. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-4215-9211-4.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2019). "Chapter 24". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 7. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-9747-0699-0.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2019). "Chapter 27". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 7. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-9747-0699-0.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2020). "Chapter 31". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 8. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-9747-0879-6.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2020). "Chapter 34". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 9. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-9747-1702-6.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2021). "Chapter 39". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 10. Viz Media. ISBN 978-1-97471869-6.
- ^ Kishimoto, Masashi; Ikemoto, Mikio; Morimoto, Mari (2020). "Chapter 43". Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations. Vol. 11. Shueisha. ISBN 978-4-08-882290-7.
- ^ Frank, Allega (6 April 2017). "Boruto premiere leaves fans nervous about Naruto's fate". Polygon. Archived from the original on 8 April 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- ^ "Boruto Chapter #1 Manga Review". The Fandom Post. 10 May năm nhâm thìn. Archived from the original on 1 July 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- ^ "Boruto Vol. #07 Manga Review". Fandom Post. 11 December 2019. Retrieved January 14, 2020.
- ^ "Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations: Volume 7 manga review". Comic Book Bin. Retrieved January 14, 2020.
- ^ "Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations: Volume 7". Manga News. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- ^ "Boruto: Assista à luta de Kawaki e Garo". IGN. March 8, 2021. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- ^ "Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations: Volume 8". Manga News. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- ^ "Boruto: Na-ru-to Next Generations: Volume 9". Manga News. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- ^ "Boruto Vol. #09 Manga Review". Fandom Post. February 10, 2021. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- ^ "Naruto: Kawaki hace una emotiva confesión". IGN. 22 August 2019. Retrieved October trăng tròn, 2020.
- ^ "Naruto: Boruto nó Kawaki tendrían nuevas formas". IGN. 22 October 2019. Retrieved October trăng tròn, 2020.
- ^ "FEATURE: 6 Great Anime Kids You Can't Help But Love". Crunchyroll. May 28, 2021. Retrieved May 28, 2021.
- ^ Hiroshi Matsuyama [@PIROSHI_CC2] (February 8, 2019). "『BORUTO ーボルトー』最新7巻。帯にも書かれてる通り『カワキ編』が本格スタートでアクション多目で見所の多い巻。 それにしても表紙がカッコいい。 カワキの耳の正確な描き込みに池本さんの性格が伺える。" (Tweet). Retrieved October trăng tròn, 2020 – via Twitter.
- ^ "Boruto Popularity Poll Results May 2021". Viz Media. Retrieved July 11, 2021.
- ^ "The Top 10 Fight Scenes Of 2021 According To YOU!". Crunchyroll. Retrieved January 9, 2021.